Mindy's Movie Reviews

A blog that went from discussing about the writing life to reviews of movies

OMG.. Too Cute

The Christmas spirit is in full bloom in my house hold, especially after yesterday. I volunteer at the local Playhouse theatre which is putting on a fantastic Christmas play called The Christmas Express. By the end of the play, most of the attendees walk out of the theatre singing Christmas songs and searching for candy canes to munch on. It is such a great atmosphere helping out there.

Afterwards, my mother and I went to Walmart and found the purr-fect gift for our cat, Smokey. We got him a castle box that you can colour. We brought it home and he instantly rubbed himself all over it, purring delightfully as he went in and out of the small entrance. Today, I sewed him a little pillow for the inside as the floor is quite hard. I swear that cat is obsessed with blankets and pillows. He sat on that little pillow for hours, refusing to leave it behind.



So that was my non writing news for the week. Onto some writing chit chat. I have begun to write and think out an outline for Kayla's script. So far the whole script is going to be a split piece, where one scene will be a hilarious play by play from two angel like people watching a "movie". The other scenes are heavily dramatic ones down on Earth with a triangle of love sort of Drama. It is definitely going to be a lot of fun to write and I am hoping to begin the writing process asap.

Other writing news: I am trying to finish both of my Nanowrimo novels by doing NaNoFiMo (National Novel Finishing Month www.nanofimo.org) So far I have not accomplished much writing as the busy life of mine is getting in the way. I VOW TO FINISH BOTH OF THE NOVELS though. That is my promise to you!

I mentioned pictures of my tattoo I promised myself in the last post. Now I haven't went to get it done yet, but I wanted to show you the design I had in mind. The French translation says: "Writing Joy of my Life". I love the design and I cannot wait to get it done, hopefully on my forearm.



When January begins I will be doing another event called Writing Year (WriYe http://wriye.co.nr/) where I will be trying to reach a rather large writing goal during the year of 2010. I am quite excited about this and I am definitely and hoping to get a lot done. Maybe 2010 will be my year of accomplishment.

Okay this post is getting long as it is, so I have some questions to ask you all.

-What do you think of my design for my next tattoo?
-Are there any writing events during the year that you really love to do?
-Christmas is coming in 18 days! Are you ready? Are you excited? SANTA IS COMING SOON!

3 comments:

Unknown December 8, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

I love the design. Very pretty!

Not ready for Santa, can we put him on back order?

Just got done with NaNo...no more writing events this year!!!

Mindy December 8, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

I suppose we could put Santa on back order... maybe the little elves would like the extra time to finish their work lol

Unknown December 10, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

Yeah...like maybe an entire year???