Mindy's Movie Reviews

A blog that went from discussing about the writing life to reviews of movies

NaNoWriMo and Tips

It is Day 3 of National Novel Writing Month and boy am I ever loving what I am writing this year!

This year I wanted a bigger challenge so I decided to write two novels in a month at the same time.

There are some similarities between the books but they are different in so many ways. One of the major ways is Novel #1 (I don't have titles for them yet) is set in Third person. Novel #2 is set in First Person.

Going back and forth between the two POV's is difficult for the first five minutes but has been getting easier the more I write.

I have a tip for anyone who is writing during NaNoWriMo that I learned from others on the nano website (www.nanowrimo.org):

-divide your daily word count into small chunks (maybe divide it by the number of hours you have available to write
-at the beginning of each hour write as fast as you can until you reach your word count chunk and try not to go over it too much. Then stop! and don't write anymore until the next hour. Then you have the rest of the hour to do whatever else to keep your mind off of it.

I swear once you come back during the next hour, you cannot help write so much more or even come up with more ideas.

Anyway Happy NaNoWriMo Everyone!!!

Let me know how you're doing with your novels!

3 comments:

Unknown November 3, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

What is your WriMo name? Mine is MarybethPoppins

Mindy November 4, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

mine is wrestlingchick29 all because i love wrestling i'm a chick and 29 is my fav number haha.. I'll add ya then Marybeth

LoveRundle November 4, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Good advise. I've been just trying to reach word counts and now the story has taken a turn towards something I like far more so the words are coming faster.