Mindy's Movie Reviews

A blog that went from discussing about the writing life to reviews of movies

Ebook Readers

I was just reading a blog post on Lea Schizas Blog about ebooks and it got me thinking about them.

I'm thinking of buying myself one for my 22nd birthday in August but then I started researching all the popular ones and holy smoly with a cow on a stick, my head is spinning!

THERE'S SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM!




The two main ones I know of are:







The Kindle








The Sony E-Reader
I know about the Nook but I don't think I can get that here in Canada.
The only one I've seen in person is The Sony E-Reader at walmart (or Wally World if my father was around. He listens to too much country music I swear.)
I'm just wondering if it's worth the money to buy myself one. I don't have a credit card so I'm pretty sure that's a big uh oh when it comes to buying books for the reader. (I know shocking right? No credit card? At your age?)
Without knowing much about either readers, just from the pictures alone I would buy the Sony one only because it's red hehe. (Yeah I'm addicted to the colour red)
Do any of you out there in the Internet world, own a E-reader?
If so which one and how do you like it so far?
If not how come?

2 comments:

TirzahLaughs June 9, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

First, you can download some books for free on Smashwords (new works) and most classic novels are free as well. No credit card needed.

What's cool about the Kindle is that it has a read aloud feature. I like the no-glare screen too.

But I haven't seen the Sony one.

Anonymous June 11, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

No e-reader yet. Have to start dropping hints for Christmas.

Good luck in your search for an e-reader. I've no idea which one I'd choose.