Mindy's Movie Reviews

A blog that went from discussing about the writing life to reviews of movies

NaNoWriMo Update + Excerpt

So sorry for not posting much lately...NaNoWriMo has taken over my soul


UPDATE: I am dramatically behind in my word count but I am slowly trying to catch up little by little. As suspected, I think I'm writing utter crap but I still wanted to share some of my craptacular work with you all. I apologize for any of what I call you grammar-holics. What you're about to read will probably drive you up the wall with bad grammar.

The jist of the story is, an officer is kidnapped along with the only witness by a dangerous gang. I'm tyring to have it be a suspense/thriller type of novel. I know it's vague but my story changes from time to time thanks to the constant fighting I've been having with my characters. I have seven main characters so you could probably imagine the stress they're causing me. Also I would like to mention that I like to write screenplays more than novels, so some of my action is much like how I write a screenplay. Maybe you won't notice.

Exerpt: (I have bleeped out the swear words for the under agers)
CHAPTER 1

A howl echoed through the darken woods. This time it was unlike any other. It was abnormal. Non animalistic. Human so it seemed. A female human.

It was dark. Darker than the eye could see. Darker than dark, yet a small glow lit the only patch of meadow the forest surrounded. A woman, not much older than the legal age of nineteen, stood in the middle with her dirt infested toes resting upon the softness of the grass. Her sight blurred thanks to the swollen layers of skin trapping her blue grape like eyes. Five black figures gazed towards her.

She knew who they all were; Raphael, Gatik, Wolf, and Jadon. Most importantly there was Zaccur. How could she forget the one person she thought she trusted most of all. He was the one who planned the entire ordeal. The flirting, the dinners out, the long talks, the kissing, the sex; it was his plan all along in order to get back at her.

“Why...are....why are you” she tried to stumble out of her puckered bloody lips.

“Shut the $&#* up you whore!”

Life slowed down for her. One of the black figures' arm was approaching. She closed her eyes listening to the swooshing air the arm carried with it.

She landed upon the coldness of the ground. She felt nothing. Her face numb and swollen.

Until next time. Happy Writing Everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous November 23, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

Hi Mindy. I've gotten behind on my NaNo word count and I don't see myself getting caught up. I'm not stressing over it. Too many things going on this time of year.

I hope you reach your goal for NaNo!

Mindy November 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

thanks Susanne...I hope I reach it too...so much going on lately